Saturday, April 29, 2017

Vanderboegh Update


Mike and Rosey in much happier times...
This question came up in my last post about the planned memorial for Mike:
What happened to all the donations sent in for a grave stone?
[Click to view]
Per Rosey:
The monument has been seated since late August.  They had to wait until they could put the death date on it.  I have pictures but I have yet had the courage to go see it in person.  Its seated near a church they had planted there with 2 park benches flanking it. 
Sadly, she now finds herself battling cancer of her own. If you'd like to help, You can send checks, money orders or cash to:

Rosey Vanderboegh
PO Box 926
Pinson, AL 35126

She's also evidently getting some help bringing the long-awaited "Absolved" into being. I've received some incredibly ugly and ignorant correspondence on that from bitter losers of no consequence, accusing me of knowing about pre-order funds, ignoring the fact that the man was long and painfully dying, unable to sustain focus and never satisfied with the end product. All of that resulted in his stated intentions to finish the book being thwarted time and again.

If any want to argue with that, they can go to hell, and they're not worth my time to acknowledge. My understanding is the "final" was on a thumb drive that cannot be located. How that will be worked around I cannot say, but I stand ready to help with promotion if and when appropriate.

UPDATE: For anonymous cowards who wonder why their comments won't be posted... Go desecrate somebody else's grave.

11 comments:

FSHB said...

Thank you, David. I will send a small donation to Rosie. I wish I could do more.

MamaLiberty said...

Oh David, that's such a shame. Never rains but what it pours. I do hope that Rosy is OK and that the files on Absolved can be found.

Seems to me that those who call themselves "people of the gun" had better start doing a lot better cleaning up their own house. All of the bitter, suspicious and hateful sorts are no credit to anyone.

Rest in peace, Mike...

FedUp said...

"My understanding is the "final" was on a thumb drive that cannot be located."

Now that's sad, a shame really after the time that was put into it from the last years of Mike's life. Multiple backups are needed on a project like that, at least one offsite in case of fire.

"Sadly, she now finds herself battling cancer of her own."

Now that's tragic, beyond sad.

drjim said...

Thanks for the update, David.

I'll drop her a few $$...

Earl Flanigan said...

Lacking a response from earlier this week, I went out and started pricing markers as I was determined that Mike have one - even if it was all out of my own pocket. I can tell you right now, "sticker shock" is alive and well! Would have been a months pay for the most basic dressed up rock "I wanted". Am glad that Mike still has people that care. May God Bless you all. And for the older folks here - put your markers on "layaway" and start paying on them NOW.

At any rate, Rosey should be getting a decent donation late next week.

Johnnyreb said...

RIP Mike.
I really miss his blog. He opened my eyes to a lot of things. My family is from that area and I had always planned to go up some day and buy him a cup of coffee. Sadly I never made it.

grey said...

I miss his blog too. And I never thought it was a scam in any way, shape or form. People who thought or think that way aren't worth acknowledging.

The Gray Man said...

Prayers are being sent (truly sent, not just a phrased typed here).

David, if I was you I wouldn't even acknowledge the existence of the "ugly ones" in any way from here on out. They live to be acknowledged, to know they've done even so little as to distract a few seconds of your time. They get off on it, and being told that they're being ignored is just as good as anything to them, because to say that, means you acknowledged them.

Probably government employees anyway.

David Codrea said...

Not gov, but understood and I do that all the time, which is why seeing it out in the open is a rarity here. In this case, the viper has been out there spreading this, so I wanted to post definitive links to counter his poison for anyone who may come to this site as a result of his accusations.

Now that I've done that, he's done here.

Unknown said...

RIP Mike. Thanks for everything that I learned from you. & TY David for all you do.

Joe McNally, RI Oathkeeper & III%

Anonymous said...

.......................................................
I miss Mike and his ways. I had the opportunity to meet him once, and have him and his driving companion to dinner at our house in SLC UT, as he was passing through to (Washington? Colorado?).
He gave me a signed business card, which has been stolen by ignorant car-breaking thieves. (sigh......)
I'll see what I can do soon. Some, but most likely not enough. It never is, considering the ravages of cancer. But I hope that this drop in the bucket will help even a little bit.

Mikey, ye left us too too soon, laddie.
B Woodman
III-per