Monday, January 30, 2017

Front-Runner?

10th Circuit judge Neil Gorsuch has now risen to the top of President Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees ...  Judge Gorsuch joined in one opinion, United States v. Rodriguez, 739 F.3d 481 (11th Cir. 2013), which causes us to have some concern about his understanding of the relationship between the government and an armed citizenry. [More]
Nail this guy down now.  Don't let him weasel-word his way through the hearings, and don't let him fall back on an "I can't discuss a case that may come before me" dodge.

This is a job interview.  The candidate who wants the job needs to convince the employer he's the right one for it.

[Via Herschel]

1 comment:

Ed said...

"Of course, anyone with a smidgeon of common sense knows that just being an "armed" law-abiding citizen does not also make a person "dangerous" any more than a police officer with a gun should be considered dangerous."

No more, no less, but what does that really say?

Are you allowed to put an officer on the ground and forcibly disarm the officer for your safety before continuing your interaction with the officer?

I want equal protection under the law. I refuse to acknowledge that I have "betters" to whom I must yield my civil rights.