Monday, December 19, 2016

Implied Approval


In my original draft title, I used "will." [More]

I substituted "should" because I realized there would be comments I anticipated when I wrote:
The first reaction might be “Who gives a…?”
That so many evidently had that reaction, both under the article and that I've seen in various places this was promoted on social media, is still pretty revealing. Here's one last set of observations:

Of course there are bigger fish to fry.  That's not the point. If you see something objectionable, you object. Or at least I do. Broken windows and untended concerns 'n all. Plus, big abusers start out by getting away with small abuses.

The National Endowment for the Arts, itself without any constitutional justification for being, has definitely played a significant role in incubating and nurturing anti-2A and other subversive propaganda.

Trump was put over the top and in office by gun owners. Stallone has endorsed door-to-door gun confiscation.  Anyone claiming to be pro-RKBA who's OK with giving a famous hypocrite gun-grabber a position of prestige and media scrutiny in the new administration has lost me on the logic of signalling you'll accept such appointments no problem.

Fortunately, it appears to be a moot point:
Sylvester Stallone would reject offer to serve in Trump administration as National Endowment for the Arts chairman 

No comments: